Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Words from the United Kingdom YAGMs

Even though I hear about their lives almost every day through our group message, I still love reading my fellow UK YAGM friends' writings - it's a reminder all over again of the fantastic things they are doing. Many of us keep blogs, and as I've mentioned before, we are all required by the program to send a newsletter every two months. This keeps our home churches, families, and communities up-to-date on our lives abroad, and serves as a way to reflect on our growth.

Since I write a lot on here about me, I thought it would be nice to share a little bit more about some of the amazing people who are making this year really worth it. I've mentioned before, but it's worth saying again: My YAGM cohort is THE BEST. I love this fun, crazy, emotional, thoughtful, bright, and brilliant cohort of mine.

Here are some of our recent writings. Just click on the person's name to read one of their recent blog posts or newsletters. Enjoy!

Allison: Allison is also serving at United Reformed Church like me, this one in the city of Wolverhampton (somewhat close to Birmingham).

Grace: Grace serves at two Anglican churches in Salford, which is a borough of Manchester.

Molly: Molly serves at a Baptist church in Didcot, which is a town about 20 minutes outside of Oxford.

Annie: Annie serves on-board a bus that is open to kids each night as a safe place to hang out - basically a mobile youth center. Her placement is in the city of Leicester.

Sarah P.: Sarah P. serves at a Baptist church in Milton-under-Wychwood.

Jasmine: Jasmine serves at an Anglican church in Manchester as the parish assistant.

Rosina: Rosina works at four United Reformed Churches in Hull (which is also in Yorkshire!).

Katie (me!): My most recent newsletter.

Danielle: Danielle serves at an all-girls boarding school in Winchester.

Heath: Heath serves at a men's in-patient rehab clinic in Loughborough.

Sarah B,: Sarah B. serves at an afterschool program in East London.


No comments:

Post a Comment